Monday, February 12, 2007

This morning is an odd one... I'm feeling a bit off. Ever have days like that? Not bad, just weird. I think the horses are feeling that way too. Or maybe they're just feeling good! I had to leave the bucket for the warm compress inside so I could take the dogs out, so I got everyone's grain (minimal+vitamins for the horses, lots of grain for the calves) and went to give Tonka his antibiotics. He decided to let me know he wasn't interested in being caught. He hasn't done that for a long time! He was bucking and running, and Danni (the race horse) was REALLY putting on some speed. Lyric of course was being a basket case. I'm not sure if he was enjoying himself as much as the other two were, or if he was just reacting. Finally Tonka turned back before I asked him to, turned back again, and faced me. In essence, he said, "Okay, I'm done now." I haltered and medicated him, and gave him some love.

Then I went to feed the two Soxes at the other end of the driveway, COMPLETELY forgetting to give anyone at this end hay. So had to go back out there. They're all looking at me like, "What? Why? Where?" And soon I will have to finally get around to the warm compress. I decided to have another cup of coffee first.

Tonka is SO covered in mud. It's disgusting. Most of the others are too. I need to get some chips or gravel or SOMETHING. I wish we had a big farm truck to get a load of hog fuel (wood chips/strips, don't know why they call it that) from the local mill. But one pickup load wouldn't go far... Could make several trips... Spring is good, nice to have more daylight, but I hate mud.

No comments: